I am helping a few people navigate a difficult time in their lives. The culmination of mistakes made by all parties has finally come to a head. Some are from years past, some are from weeks past. Needless to say, all of them would make different choices given the opportunity again.
As I was sipping my Grande Matte Latte in Kirkland's Lake Street Tully's yesterday it hit me; the true beauty of the church is not fully realized until it sits juxtapose to the ugliness of sin.
The gospel is best lived out and experienced in community, and because of relationship, accountability and love, these people have great hope.
Jesus is working.
Jesus is speaking.
Jesus is transforming.
To gather as a church and worship is beautiful. The use of music in worship is magnificent. Reading, studying and teaching scripture is useful, powerful and effective.
But, I am seeing a new beauty in the church. People bound together in relationship, both to each other and to Jesus. Watching Jesus work through AND in each other.
Becoming more like Jesus.
Together.
This is beautiful.
Thursday, June 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment