Well, this has been an interesting week.
Sunday morning we hit the summit of Mount Rainier and yesterday I conduct my first funeral.
Both good experiences.
It was interesting preparing for and leading a mostly non-religious funeral service. There was opportunity to talk of spiritual things and to lead the people in prayer, but for the most part my job at this one was to be there for the family and facilitate the movement of the actual service.
The place was packed. There was standing room only and even overflow seating outside with speakers for people to hear.
It was hard at times to keep it all together. Christopher, from LATR, is a big and tough guy but he is also tender hearted and very caring.
I was honored that the family invited me to be a part of their day and it will always be a day I remember.
Two in one week, one on each end of the spectrum.
Interesting week.

No comments:
Post a Comment